Friday, September 23, 2011

First Band Showcase: Holly Would...

For my first band showcase I chose a band that I have followed for the past couple of years.  The band Holly Would... is a pop/punk band that is fun to listen to and a blast to see live.  For the past few years these guys have been gaining tremendous local popularity and now that they have a national tour under their belt, I expect that they will continue to rise in the music industry.

I have had the pleasure of meeting with the members of the band and they are all truly great guys who take their music seriously.  As I stated earlier, these guys put on an entertaining live show as well.  Lead singer David Elliott feels comfortable in the spotlight and is not afraid doing what he has to for a good show, whether that is hanging from the rafters of the venue while singing or jumping around stage getting the crowd hyped.  These guys definitely love putting on a worth-while show for their fans.

Their newest single "Shattered Dreams" is constantly being played on my iTunes.  This song isn't too heavy  or too light and has a catchy chorus and bridge that will have you singing along and wanting to hear more.  I am very excited for the release of their second album.

Holly Would... UPCOMING SHOWS:
Oct. 13- 37th & Zen, Norfolk
Oct. 14- The Refuge, VA Beach (doors @5)
Oct. 15- Randolph Macon College, Ashland
Oct. 29- Halloween Monster Mash, Gloucester

Be sure to check out their Facebook page here!

Also, be sure to comment below and let people know what you think of Holly Would... too!

No comments:

Post a Comment