Sunday, September 25, 2011

Show Review: Jesse Chong @ H2O

A picture I took of Jesse Chong playing at H2O in Virginia Beach on September 24, 2011.

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Jesse Chong at H2O in Virginia Beach.  Like usual, he didn't disappoint.  I arrived there at around 9:15 and he was scheduled to go on at 10, and I think I arrived just in time.  My friends and I got one of the last tables in the place.  Needless to say, Jesse draws in a crowd.  From the moment he hit the stage the atmosphere changed to a calming yet exhilarating mood.  There were people sitting down on the sofas just relaxing and there were people right at the foot of the stage dancing the night away and Jesse knew how to appeal to everybody in the place.

His first song was his cover of 'Come Together' which I have stated in my previous post, is my favorite cover of that song.  This was great because he started off with a song that everybody knows to draw in people who might not have heard of him before or people that have heard of him, but are not familiar with his work.  After that song he played one of his original songs because, honestly, after you hear that cover he's got you.  He had his band playing with him last night which is always an added bonus.  He often does solo shows so when you got the opportunity to see him play with his band, go!  They compliment Jesse very well and are a great band in their own right.  All in all, it was a fun night filled with great music from an amazing artist!

A list of Jesse's upcoming shows are included in my previous post as well, so you can get an opportunity to see him too!

No comments:

Post a Comment