Sunday, October 2, 2011

Neptune Fest: Music Review

Saturday I attended the Neptune Festival, that I previously discussed, and was overall impressed.  Some of my favorite acts were Rich Whiskey Audition, the Joe Gosman Band, and The Aragona Project.

Rich Whiskey Audition

Rich Whiskey Audition has made a name for themselves locally in the past few years.  From opening at the Ted Constant Center to performing at the NorVa, they are seasoned and know it.  They brought out a decent crowd to their early time slot as well.

Joe Gosman

Joe Gosman is a name that I had not heard before the festival yesterday.  I was pleasantly surprised by this band.  They have a good, easy going vibe and they won me over with their cover of 'Lay Me Down.'  Their music is a perfect fit for the beach.

The Aragona Project

Another band that I had not heard of before yesterday, The Aragona Project definitely surprised me.  A group of what seems like some of the youngest people to perform at the festival, blew me away with their sound.  They still have work to do but they have plenty of time to do it.  This is a band that I expect to hear more from in the future and you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment